The primary purpose of this course is to retrain the students who have previously been in the hairdressing industry and with to return and/or update their studies and return to the hairdressing industry. The hairdressing course will include all facets of wet and dry hairstyling as well as techniques in up-dos and modem hair extensions. Students will be trained by qualified hairstylists/instructors, to gainknowledge in advanced modem color techniques, color correction, creative custom foiling applications and hair lightening. Training in hair texture services includes an application of modem perming, and chemical straightening techniques. The haircutting segment provides the foundation for modem cutting and texturizing techniques, razor and clipper cutting.
- Students must have prior hairdressing experience and/or want to return and update theirstudies and return to the hairdressing industry.
- Graduates of Grade 12 or 19 years of age or older. Will accept students less than 19 years of age with parental consent.
- Parental consent must be given by signing of Emerald College contract.
- Provide a copy of picture ID
- A current resume
- A 500-word essay containing the following :
- Tell us about yourself, why you are pursuing this career choice and your plans for your career in the future.
- This is an unmarked essay to be read by the Senior Administrator and Senior Educational Administrator.
The hairdressing program is delivered in the classroom and in the salon.