The primary purpose oftp.is esthetics course is to train the student who have completed 1500 hair diploma, 750 hair diploma or 400 nail technician diploma in the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, properwork habits, and desirable attitudes necessary to obtain a certificate in esthetics to give them more of a leading edge in the job market.
Upon completion of the course requirements, the determined graduate will be able to:
- Project a positive attitude and a sense of personal integrity and self-confidence.
- Practice effective communication skills, visual poise, and proper grooming.
- Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employer-employee relationship.
- Perform basic manipulative skills in the areas of skin analysis, massage, facials, hair removal, makeup, manicures, pedicures, selling products and services, salon business, and career planning.
- Perform the basic analytical skills to determine proper product selection and application for the client’s overall image.
- Apply learned theory, technical information, and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
- Students must have completed 1500 Hair Diploma or 400 Nail Technician Diploma.
- If the student is from the Emerald College program, the registration fee will be waived. Graduates of Grade 12 or 19 years of age or older. Will accept students less than 19 years of age with parental consent.
- Parental consent must be given by signing of Emerald College contract.
- Provide a copy of picture ID
- A current resume
- A 500-word essay containing the following :
- Tell us about yourself, why you are pursuing this career choice and your plans for your career in the future.
- This is an unmarked essay to be read by the Senior Administrator and Senior Educational Administrator.
400 Hours : 125 Hours theory and 275 Hours practical
The esthetics program is delivered in the classroom and in the salon.