The primary purpose of this esthetics course is to train the student in the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, and desirable attitudes necessary to obtain a diploma, certification of qualification, and for competency in entry-level positions in esthetics or a related career field.
Upon completion of the course requirements, the determined graduate will be able to:
- Project a positive attitude and a sense of personal integrity and self-confidence.
- Practice effective communication skills, visual poise, and proper grooming.
- Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employer-employee relationship.
- Perform basic manipulative skills in the areas of skin analysis, massage, facials, hair removal, makeup, manicures, pedicures, selling products and services, salon business, and career planning.
- Perform the basic analytical skills to determine proper product selection and application for the client’s overall image.
- Apply learned theory, technical information, and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
- Graduates of Grade 12 or 19 years of age or older. Will accept students less than 19 years of age with parental consent.
- Parental consent must be given by signing of Emerald College contract.
- Provide a copy of picture ID
- A current resume
- A 500-word essay containing the following :
- Tell us about yourself, why you are pursuing this career choice and your plans for your career in the future.
- This is an unmarked essay to be read by the Senior Administrator and Senior Educational Administrator.
1000 hours total hours broken down as follows : 225 theory hours, 775 hours practical
The esthetics program is delivered in the classroom and in the salon.